Vue.js Lead Developer (Onsite in NYC)
About the Position
Do you have solid Vue.js chops and looking to put them to the test on a complex, large-scale project as a hands-on technology leader? Do you want to contribute to and develop architectural solutions from the ground-level? If you love making things work seamlessly and efficiently with one another, then we’re looking for you! We’re looking for a Vue.js Lead Developer to be a key player in one of our company’s most critical initiatives, our platform conversion to Vue.js. You’ll lead a team of onsite and remote developers and be a vital contributing member of a highly-collaborative Development leadership team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Solving architectural challenges for a large-scale application involving a high-level of customer configurability, multiple user-types, multi-language support and more by conducting research on and experiments with alternate solutions to present recommendations.
- Hands-on coding approximately 60% of the time, whatever it takes to get the job done and ensure project success.
- Overseeing and leading a team of three to five developers (including offshore).
- Designing, developing, and enforcing high-quality code that exhibits excellent performance, meets product requirements, and focuses on scalability and maintainability by evaluating and incorporating new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.
- Taking overall accountability and ownership for the success of the team, their work, and the project. This includes identifying next steps, clarifying unclear tasks, and breaking larger tasks into smaller and more manageable tasks.
- 2+ years with Vue.js with proven experience working on multiple complex projects.
- 3+ years of experience with application design/architecture.
- 5+ years of corporate development experience.
- Demonstrates EXEMPLARY communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluent in English.
- Proven experience as a team lead preferred and ability to easily switch hats between leading, team organization, and hands-on development work.
- An EXTRAORDINARY creative and analytical problem solver.
- Possesses and demonstrates PHENOMENAL overall technical expertise.
- Gets things done. Do whatever it takes to make things happen.
- Self-motivated, has a love for learning and new technology, and able to lead and mentor others.
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing.
- IMPECCABLE attention to detail.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working on a B2B SaaS platform within a startup environment preferred.
Experience on the following is a plus:
- Documenting code and APIs.
- Code quality/unification (ESLint / Prettier).
- Code optimization and performance.
- Developing cross-platform applications.
- Testing Frameworks (Jest, Cypress).
We’d love it if you develop/contribute to open source!
Here’s How to Apply
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must follow the instructions provided. We read every application. Please submit a compelling cover letter and tell us why are you a great fit for this role.
What BuildingLink Can Offer You
- Office culture comparable to the fast pace, energy, and vibrancy of a startup, while maintaining the feel of a family-owned company
- Team outings (happy hours, company events & retreats, weekly lunches, holiday parties, etc.)
- Flexible PTO
- Birthday Holiday
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical/Dental/Commuter Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 401k with matching
- Opportunities to learn and advance your career
- Summer Fridays
BuildingLink is an industry leading property management technology used by over 4,800 high-rise residential communities globally. As an industry pioneer and leading innovator, our solutions, service, and people have made us one of the most recognized and respected technology providers among property managers and staff, condo/coop boards, and landlords. Our roadmap is packed with new and exciting initiatives to help buildings run even better. Resident lifestyle, voice assistant with our Amazon Alexa Skill; Ledger for simplified property management accounting, more platform integrations, and IoT sensor solutions to target and solve buildings’ operational headaches are just a few of the key initiatives we have in the pipeline. So, if you’re looking to work for a dynamic and successful company that cares deeply for both its customers and employees, please apply!
Learn more about this opportunity and others on our career page: http://www.buildinglink.com/Marketing/Public/caree...
BuildingLink is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state or local law.